Because of our loss I was not only seen by the doctor (the same one that was there for delivery) but also by the social worker there. People kept asking me, "How are you doing?" I'm not sure what the right answer is to something like that, but it seems like perhaps I didn't give it. There was a lot of awkward silences and waiting for me to say more.
I still have a tickle in my throat and today I found I was clearing it a lot more, so again I held off on the Kangaroo care. I would love to do it again with Matthew, but I am so nervous about introducing any germs to him.
The Good
Matthew's feeds were increased today, and he continued to tolerate it. We are hopeful that this continues.
Sean says he was weighed in yesterday at 2 lbs 11 oz, which is heavier than his birth weight. That's very exciting. Hope it continues.
The Bad
The vent settings are still not quite where they were before we tried extubation. There's no blood gas ordered soon so presumably we shall be at these vent settings another day.
The Ugly
No ugly today, fingers crossed
No comments:
Post a Comment