Thursday, November 19, 2015

Another Day


Well yesterday I blogged about another NICU couple, Linda and Chris.  Well it turns out that today they got to bring their little guy home.  So after about 5 months they are able to celebrate the holidays at home with their son.  It seems the tears yesterday were indeed tears of joy, which is nice.

It also seems that people were very impressed with the news footage of Matthew.  Apparently there are some places it was posted online and people were commenting and rooting for Matthew.  I hope all of this early celebrity status doesn't go to his head.

I didn't do the Kangaroo today with Matthew as I think I may be coming down with a cold.  This morning I was coughy and my throat was scratchy.  It could be nothing, but I don't want to take any chances with such a little man.


The Good

Matthew is doing well on his feeds, and was up to 11 cc today.  Tonight they bring him up to 12 cc and tomorrow at midnight they will start him on the iValex formula for his 3MCC.


The Bad

Matthew is still not on the vent settings that he was on before the extubation, but hopefully sometime soon.


The Ugly

Still no ugly - keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment