Wednesday, December 9, 2015

More Poop

Today was a pretty quiet day at the NICU.  The baby in Alexander's spot (a.k.a. the transient spot) has gone home.  On the one month anniversary of Alexander's passing, he is still missed.  Of course I think about him every day - especially as there are two other sets of twins just in room 4.  I didn't do kangaroo with him as he seemed like yesterday he wanted to stay in the quiet.

Matthew got me AGAIN with his poop.  I heard him make a big fart after I changed his diaper.  He had pooped.  So I made sure I had a diaper underneath him when I changed him which was great, except he pooped again as I was wiping him.  Once again, his poop went all over and we needed to do a bedding change.  He also stuck his hand in his poop and then got it all over.  So I of course had to wipe his hand as well as all the wiring.

The Good

Matthew made it through another day off the vent.  They took his pressure settings down just a little today and so far he is tolerating it (fingers crossed).  Orly said his blood gas today was good, and that they haven't been indicative of someone with Chronic Lung Disease.  Hopefully that means Matthew just needs to decide to be a little tougher and get with it.  Maybe when Lynn is back tomorrow!  Orly has discontinued his diuretics right now as he was needing too much sodium.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Matthew's 1 month ultrasound came back clear.  That is very good news.  The only other thing in that area is an MRI before he is discharged.

They may switch Matthew to an every 3 hour feeding schedule at some point in the near future.  I think they are focusing on his pressure settings for right now, but he has continued to tolerate his feeds well.  Hopefully that continues.


The Bad

Matthew's NIPV settings are still fairly high.  Hopefully those can come down, but he hasn't been "rocking them" as I would have liked (he still sats in the high 80s low 90s).


The Ugly

No Ugly for Matthew today - fingers crossed it stays that way

No comments:

Post a Comment