Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Back at 5

Tonight was the first time in a while that Sean went to see Matthew.  He seems to officially be feeling better, which is good.

Matthew has switched from a nighttime pooper to a daytime pooper.  I believe he has done this so that he can poop while I am there and make me clean it up.  Today I was changing his diaper and he pooped out a little more.  But I was prepared with the diaper underneath.  So then I went to wipe him (he had poop all over....) but I kept another wipe under his butt and of course, he pooped some more.  He loves this game.  But since I was prepared, I avoided it going on his blanket, bedding, wires, etc.  By this point I am on to him.

Matthew also started his occupational therapy today.  They did some basic stretching and just getting to know Matthew.  They said he looked pretty good and was fairly loose.  One spot on his neck was tight, but overall he did well.  He definitely had an interesting look on his face when he was sitting up....kind of a woah check this view out!  I think his next therapy session is sometime early next week.

The Good

Matthew had a good stable day today.  He was able to be on 22 and at time room air.  They took his CPAP down to 5, which is the pressure setting he was on before the switch to the ram canula.  He also tolerated his feeds well today, and tolerated the occupation therapy session.


The Bad

Matthew continues to be on CPAP, likely for at least several more days.  Hopefully we can get off the CPAP once and for all sometime soon.  It will be nice to start giving Matthew some bottle feedings as he seems to really like the taste and his pacifier!  He lost 40g last night so hopefully we can get his weight consistent.  He had a huge increase one night and none the next.....


The Ugly

No Ugly for Matthew today - fingers crossed it stays that way


No comments:

Post a Comment