It seems Matthew is developing quite the little personality. He loves to pull on his wires and pull off his canula and makes it known when he is upset. Lynn and I keep trying to tell him that he needs to be better behaved breathing wise and we can get that thing off him!
I took him out to hold him like a "normal" baby today, but he was only so-so with it. I thought he would be more comfortable that way versus the kangaroo because of his canula, but he could only get comfortable for a little bit. After an hour he started crying and wanted to go back in. He was also working on a big poop so that may have played into it. He, of course, pooped right after I changed his diaper. But I'm on to him at this point, and I was prepared for any more poop while changing him for a second time. I can say we were able to do it without a bedding change.
The Good
Matthew had a pretty stable day today. He continued to tolerate his feeds, which went up to 30cc. Dr. Montgomery weaned his pressure by 2 today, so fingers crossed he tolerates it! They have switched his chest PT to twice a day, so that he is bothered fewer times each day.
The Bad
I'm not totally sure what is going on with Matthew's food. I think it changed again today, as he has gotten bigger and "outgrew" the previous regimen. Hopefully he is able to keep gaining weight.
His NIPV settings are more "respectable" as Lynn put it, but we would still like to see him tolerate the weans so that we can switch him to CPAP.
The Ugly
No Ugly today for Matthew - fingers crossed it stays that way
No comments:
Post a Comment