Sunday, January 24, 2016

Home!




Well, today marked our last day in the Yale NICU.  It is exactly 11 weeks since Matthew and Alexander were born.  Of course it is bittersweet, knowing that we came to Yale with two babies and left with only one.  But we are so fortunate to have been taken care of by such an amazing group of individuals.  Never once did we second guess our decision to be admitted there, and to have our boys there.  The nurses, doctors, and office staff are all amazing.

Going forward I likely will not post every day, and perhaps not always with a Good, Bad, and Ugly.  We shall see!  I know that people really like the blog, so I promise to keep it going - just not necessarily with the same frequency.  It may depend on how much Matthew is sleeping, or how long I spend staring at him making sure he is breathing.

Here are some pics from today with the one and only Lynn.  I am so, so, so grateful for everything she has done for us.

All of the nurses thanked us so much before we left for being so supportive of them.  I couldn't imagine being anything but supportive of them, and it pains me to think that some people mistreat them.  They are truly amazing, and we will truly miss them (but of course we will keep in touch!)

Right now everything is very surreal.  Even though Matthew is home, Sean and I still felt compelled to call Yale to see how he was doing.  When we picked him up today, even though he (for the first time) wasn't hooked up to any monitors, when we heard a familiar DING we still looked at his (then turned off) monitor....twice.




1 comment:

  1. TEARS! I am so incredibly happy for you all! He looks amazing and I hope to see you all again in the future. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete