Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Daddy's Turn

I was able to negotiate another CPAP feed with Matthew (two per day) so that Sean could do a feed with him at nighttime.  So tonight was his first feed with Matthew - 10cc.  I am excited to hear how it went.....

The Good

Matthew was able to be on room air (21%) for most of the day today, which is a big accomplishment for him.  He tolerated his feeds well, and we did another 20cc bottle at 2pm today.  He started off a little slow and had a desat, but considering he was at room air I call it an accomplishment.  Lynn was off today, but his nurse Jennifer was very impressed with him.  He even did a little burp when I burped him!  He gained a solid 30g last night, so he is up to 4 lb 12 oz!

The Bad

Matthew continues to need respiratory support.  He has some immunizations coming up in the next few days that might delay us from trying him off CPAP (not sure he's ready anyway!)

Matthew still has the fungal rash on his butt.  It is so bumpy and red and sad!


The Ugly

No Ugly today for Matthew - fingers crossed it stays that way

No comments:

Post a Comment