Today was a difficult day in room 4 as another family was saying goodbye to their tiny little warrior. I watched as they came to spend their last moments behind the curtain, with the familiar hum of the oscillating vent behind them. I watched as they carried their little one to Caroline's Room for their final goodbye. Even hours later I still find I am haunted by it.
The Good
Matthew had a stable day today. His feeds were brought up to 40cc, and he tolerated his feeds today. Lynn was here and got to see him in the crib, and she got to witness him in action with the bottle. Matthew again did a great job - this time with 20cc of his food. He didn't have any desats while eating....in fact his sats were probably higher during it! We were both very proud of him and commented how funny it is that he can do this so well but can't get off CPAP!
The Bad
Matthew continues to need respiratory support. He was mostly on 22% air today with some desats - he seemed like he was maybe a little off today.
He still has the little fungal rash on his butt, so hopefully that goes away soon.
The Ugly
No Ugly today for Matthew - fingers crossed it stays that way
No comments:
Post a Comment