Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Group Therapy

Today there was the twice monthly free lactation lunch (anyone that knows me knows I love a free lunch).  I met another couple who had also been in room 4 with twins.  One of their little warriors is home already, and the other is still in room 1.  That little one survived the oscillating vent, and a pneumothorax before being on the path to respiratory wellness.  We commented how our conversations are ones that you can't really have with anyone outside of the NICU and that the lunch ended up being like group therapy for NICU families.

We have decided to hold off on the ctp1 genetic testing.  I was able to pull one of the (at the time seemingly excessive) tests that my OBGYN did for one of my pregnancies that determines what disorders you are a carrier for.  It seems I am not a carrier for ctp1, so we would like to talk with the geneticist again before going ahead with that test.  It requires more than the heel prick that they normally do for his Wednesday labs....

The Good

Matthew had a stable day today and did well with his bottles.  His feeds have been increased to 44cc. Sometimes after he eats he gets these smiles on his face.  I have not yet been able to get it on camera, but I was able to capture Matthew's "concerned face."  As I have commented before, he has a very expressive face.


The Bad

Matthew continues to need respiratory support, and there is still a red/raw area on his butt.


The Ugly

No Ugly today for Matthew - fingers crossed it stays that way

No comments:

Post a Comment