Matthew was promoted to a crib today. He has to be able to maintain/increase his weight in order to be able to stay in it, but Lynn had been "prepping him" all week. Sean knew they were going to make that change, but let me be surprised by it when I went there after the game. Assuming he does well we can bring in a mobile for Matthew to look at. They said he was looking up as if he wanted to look at something so I am sure he will like it. Matthew was also able to breathe at room air this morning, which is great. He tolerated his feeds well today, and was up 100g tonite. This, however, has some error built into it. Before he was weighed by a scale in his isolette, and now he has to be weighed on an external scale.
The Bad
During rounds they discussed that no changes were going to be made to Matthew other than the crib and see if he could stay at room oxygen today. When I got to Yale around 5pm I was surprised to see that he was on the ram cannula again. Apparently they "forgot" about this during rounds, and they talked about it after Sean left. I was not that pleased about this, both for the obvious reasons, and because Matthew doesn't like multiple things changed at one time. Given we just got his pressure back down to 5 the other day, and given that he was changed to the crib, I would have preferred to keep him on the same cannula - especially because Lynn wasn't there today and wouldn't be back until Monday. I hinted this to his nurse today, but she thought that we needed to see how he did. When Sean called tonight, Matthew was up a little bit on the oxygen. Sean told them that we wanted him back on the regular cannula and that he doesn't seem to like this cannula. The nurse said that she was going to talk to the resident, so we shall see.
The Ugly
No Ugly for Matthew today - fingers crossed it stays that way
No comments:
Post a Comment